If you're planning on remodeling your bathroom this season or perhaps adding an entirely new bath to your home, you might be confused by all of the shower and bath products on the market today. One new product that deserves your attention is a frameless glass shower enclosure.
As the name implies, this type of shower is constructed using decorative hinges and brackets to hold the glass panels together. Waterproof caulking seals the seams. The result is an attractive, sleek, modern and open shower enclosure. However, aesthetics isn't the only good reason to consider installing this type of shower.
Benefits of a frameless glass shower enclosure
1. Sturdiness. The glass used in a frameless glass shower enclosure is more sturdy than the glass you'll typically find in glass shower doors. That's because the panels in a frameless enclosure are made with tempered glass. They need to be strong enough to hold up their own weight without the assistance of any metal support system. This sturdiness makes these panels more resistance to cracks, chips and shattering.
2. Easy to clean. Moisture can collect in a shower frame and cause it to corrode, making it difficult to keep clean. With a frameless enclosure, you can easily wipe down the glass panels and not have to worry about any corrosion.
3. Transparent. A frameless glass shower enclosure lets in a lot of natural light. It also takes the creepiness out of being in a small, dark shower. (Anyone who has ever watched the movie "Psycho" can appreciate this benefit.)
4. Aesthetics. Perhaps the chief benefit of a frameless glass shower enclosure is the beauty of this design, which coordinates well with most any architectural style. Adding a beautiful shower enclosure can also help to boost your home's appeal to buyers when it comes time to put your home on the market. This could likely help your home sell more quickly and for more money than if you opted for a more traditional shower structure.
5. Suitable for tight spaces. If you have a limited amount of space in your bathroom, a glass shower enclosure can help make it feel more open than a traditional shower installation.
While a frameless glass shower enclosure (from companies like Aladdin's Glass & Screen Products Inc) may not be the right choice for every homeowners adding or remodeling a bathroom, this type of shower enclosure is attractive, offers lots of natural light, is easy to keep clean and is resistant to chips and cracks.
I have very small rooms in my house and I have spent many hours looking into ways to create a larger feel in the small spaces. My bathroom is especially small and I had to find a way to make it appear a lot larger than it really is. I decided that the best way for me to create the open feel that I wanted in the bathroom was to install a glass shower surround. I had my contractor remove the bathtub and install a walk-in shower that was completely enclosed with glass. This is just one way that I have used glass in my small home. Go to my site to find out other ways that you can use glass to make smaller homes appear bigger.